Tribune News Service
Amritsar, February 20
Congress MLA from Amritsar Sunil Dutti along with 20 members of his family tested positive for Covid-19 on Friday. Dutti had organised his daughter’s marriage function in Delhi on February 15 and 16.
Total 35 samples from the family and relatives were collected. The reports received on late Friday evening revealed that 20 of them had tested positive. The positive family members include Dutti’s sister-in-law Mamta Dutta, who is an MC councillor.
- Sunil Dutti had organised his daughter’s marriage function in Delhi on February 15, 16
- Total 35 samples from the relatives were collected
- The reports received on late Friday evening revealed that 20 of them have tested positive
The Health Department officials said all family members of the local MLA who tested positive have quarantined themselves. They said none of the family members have reported any severe symptoms so far.
The health officials said contact tracing of patients has started. The department has also delivered the medical kits that help in monitoring the health and medicines to patients.
Civil Surgeon Dr Charanjit Singh said people should follow all Covid-19 guidelines issued by the department. He said health teams keep a check on the health of all home-quarantined positive patients.
Helpline numbers for Covid patients
- City Control Room Numbers: 0183-2500398, 2500498, 2500598
- Health Department helpline: 0183-2535322, 0183-2535323
- Medical helpline: 104
- Contact a doctor: 1800 180 4104
- Bed availability and status: Punjab Covid App (updated daily at 5 pm)
Today’s Covid Update
New cases: 35
Total cases: 15,359
New deaths: 0
Total deaths: 589
New recovery: 15
Total recovery 14,540
Appointments can be booked between 9 am and 3 pm
Death toll mounts to 1,57,051 with 113 fresh fatalities
Calls for 100-day campaign to clean up water bodies, harvest...
Remarks come a day after Azad and other ‘G-23’ dissident lea...
Opposition to corner govt over ‘failure’ to honour its poll ...