Tribune News Service
Bathinda, February 16
A Chinese kite string caused grievous cuts on the neck and thumb of a six-year-old kid in the Basant Vihar area of the city on Monday.
The victim has been identified as Yuvan, alias Yuvi. Ashish Bansal, relative of the victim, said, “My nephew was standing outside his home when a Chinese string got entangled in his neck. By the time the family members came to know about it, the string had already injured him on the neck. He was immediately taken to a private hospital, where he got 25 stitches and underwent a one-hour operation.”
The district administration had banned the sale and storage of China-made metal and zinc-laced strings, but in the absence of proper checks by the authorities, shopkeepers openly sell these. Several raids have been conducted in the past and stocks seized, but in vain. Notably, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) had also imposed a complete ban on the sale, storage, production and transportation of Chinese string, which is often used for flying kites.
Appointments can be booked between 9 am and 3 pm
Death toll mounts to 1,57,051 with 113 fresh fatalities
Calls for 100-day campaign to clean up water bodies, harvest...
Remarks come a day after Azad and other ‘G-23’ dissident lea...
Opposition to corner govt over ‘failure’ to honour its poll ...