Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, October 25
A 50-year-old man was shot at by an unidentified assailant while he was returning after paying obeisance at a gurdwara in Sector 22 this morning.
The victim has been identified as Amrik Singh, a resident of Sector 22, who works as a lab technician in the Health Department, Kharar.
The assailant was waiting for Amrik Singh near a narrow passage from the gurdwara towards his (the victim’s) house. As the victim passed by, the suspect shot at him and the bullet hit the victim on the right hip. “One shot was misfired as a live cartridge was recovered from the spot. An empty shell was also recovered from there,” said a police official.
The attacker, who was wearing a pair of capri pants and a hood, escaped from the spot on foot. His face was covered with a mask. Local residents gathered at the spot on hearing the sound of gunshots. The police were informed around 6.20 am following which they reached the spot. However, the injured was already rushed to the PGI, where he is under treatment.
The police said as per the victim’s family, he did not have enmity with anyone.
The victim goes to the gurdwara in the morning and evening. The assailant knew about this following which he arrived early morning.
A case of attempt to murder and under the Arms Act has been registered at the Sector 17 police station and an investigation has been initiated into it.
No stopping shooting incidents
- October 25 A man shot at by a person in Sector 22
- October 19 A man shot at by two persons at his cloth shop in Sector 25
- October 11 A TikTok star shot at outside a nightclub in Sector 9
- October 11 Gangster Monty Shah, an accomplice of Lawrence Bishnoi, fired gunshots at Burail in Sector 45 to threaten witnesses in the Sonu Shah murder case
- October 10/11 intervening night - 26-year-old Gurlal Brar shot dead outside a mall at the Industrial Area, Phase I
Shah cites examples of the US and Europe to urge states to e...
The Centre has asked states to do planning and mapping of va...
The first round of talks was held on November 13 but it rema...
No passenger train will be allowed to move till the time the...
Flees in car, which he later burns