Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Posted at: Mar 28, 2019, 7:44 AM; last updated: Mar 28, 2019, 7:45 AM (IST)

Two docs suspended for ‘lapse’, 2 get notice

Accident victim’s kin blame ‘casual approach’ of docs

The case details

  • The alleged negligence of doctors led to the death of an accident victim, Dilawar Singh of Karnal’s Chirao village
  • His family had met the KCGMCH Director and demanded stringent action against doctors concerned
  • The family claimed Dilawar could have been saved had doctors been seriously dealt with his case
Two docs suspended for ‘lapse’, 2 get notice
File photo

Parveen Arora

Tribune News Service

Karnal, March 27

Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College and Hospital (KCGMCH) on Wednesday suspended two doctors and issued notice to two doctors in connection with alleged medical negligence leading to the death of an accident victim.

Enraged over the suspension of their colleagues, a delegation of doctors met the KCGMCH Director, demanding cancellation of their suspension. Family members of Dilawar Singh of Chirao village, the accident victim, met the Director and demanded stringent action against the doctors concerned.

The action was initiated by Dr Surinder Kashyap, KCGMCH Director, after a report was submitted by the inquiry committee set up by him to probe the allegation of family members of the deceased.

Dr Kashyap said Dr Manu Chaudhary, senior resident, and Dr Raj Kumar, junior resident, both general surgeons, had been suspended till final inquiry was completed. He said notice had been served on Dr Manisha, casualty medical officer, and Dr Saurabh, senior resident, to submit their reply in two days.

Family members of Dilawar had alleged that he could have been saved, but doctors and other staff members did not take the case seriously and showed a casual approach. They alleged the staff members and doctors had claimed that the patient was alright and there was no need to worry.

Dilawar and his brother Dimple were going home on a scooter on Sunday night when a tractor hit their vehicle. Dimple died on the spot while Dilawar was taken to the KCGMCH, where he died later.

Following allegations by family members of the deceased, the KCGMCH Director initiated the inquiry. The preliminary inquiry report pointed to negligence on the part of doctors and recommended action. The doctors concerned could not be contacted for comment.


All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate.
The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
Share On