Ludhiana, January 24
A fire broke out in a cotton shop on Chauri Sadak here on Tuesday. Loss worth several lakhs reported in the incident.
Short-circuit was said to be the reason behind the fire. When the incident occurred, nearby shopkeepers, along with the owner of the shop, also tried to douse the flames but in a few minutes, the fire turned intense and destroyed the entire shop.
Following which, people informed the fire authorities. Firemen took around one hour to completely control the flames.
Shop owner Bharat Bhushan said today morning suddenly a spark was witnessed in electricity cables. Before he could understand anything, the fire broke out. Some workers were also present in the shop when the fire broke out but they left the place to save their lives.
He said the losses could be of around Rs 5 lakh.
Since the shop was situated in a crowded market panic spread among nearby shopkeepers after the incident. Firefighters controlled the fire on time and prevented it from spreading to other shops.
Fire officer Aatish Rai said three fire tenders were used to douse the flames.
Most Read In 24 Hours
Don't MissView All
Overseas ramifications as Boris Johnson’s brother quits link...
Both Houses adjourned for the day amid uproar over Adani iss...
J-K police arrest govt employee involved in twin blasts in Jammu’s Narwal; recover perfume IED from him
DGP said Arif was being handled by a Pak-based LeT terrorist...
CM Kejriwal says all the cases filed by ED are fake and they...
IPS officer has been accused of corruption and misconduct du...