Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, March 1
The third phase of the Covid vaccination started in the district today, with a total of 353 senior citizens (aged above 60) and 126 persons aged between 45 and 59 with co-morbidities getting vaccinated in government and private hospitals in Ludhiana district.
Tuesday venues for jab
On Tuesday, the Covid19 vaccination will be done at 28 sites/hospitals, which include Civil Hospital in Ludhiana, government hospitals in Jagraon, Khanna, Samrala, Raikot, Sudhar, Malaud, Macchiwara, Sidhwan Bet, Manupur, Hathur, Payal, Pakhowal, Koom Kalan, Sahnewal, Dehlon, UCHC’s at Subhash Nagar, Jawaddi, Shimlapuri, Civil Surgeon office complex, Vardhman MCH Centre, Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Christian Medical College & Hospital, SPS Hospital, Mohan Dai Oswal Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Deep Hospital and Shree Raghunath Hospital.
Requisites for getting jabbed
- People advised to bring identity document (original copy) at the venue, which can be PAN card/passport/voter card/state or national driving licence/bank passbook
- Registration will be done on the spot, depending on available slots, as per CoWIN website portal.
- One should bring Aadhaar card and the registered mobile phone to verify vaccination in CoWIN portal after registration of documents mentioned in point number 2.
- Those above 45 need to bring medical certificate of comorbidities along with them. Only then, they will be registered and vaccinated.
- The portal for the registration (https://t.co/4VNaXjkGyp) has also been updated and can be done at home easily.
A total of 1,601 persons got vaccinated today. The phase began from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH).
DC Varinder Sharma said the vaccination would be free of cost at government hospitals and centres, and private establishments cannot charge more than Rs 250 for each beneficiary (per dose) which includes Rs 150 as the cost of vaccine and up to Rs 100 service charges.
Today, a total of 83 healthcare workers received their first jab of the vaccine, followed by 884 who received their second jab. Similarly, 155 frontline workers received their first jab of the vaccine, making 1,601 persons the total count of the day.
Senior citizens wait as server down
At the Civil Hospital, senior citizens and cops had to wait for around three hours to get themselves vaccinated. Those who came around 9 am had to wait to get their turn around noon. The vaccination started late and some technical error was said to be the reason behind the same. A senior citizen said, “Whenever we are asking them about the time of the vaccination, the staff keep on saying that the server is down.”
Many police officials, who were also present at the Civil Hospital for vaccination on seeing the huge amount of time being taken for the process, were in a fix to stay there or go back for their duties.
PM Modi hails the milestone, says US did same coverage in 89...
The Congress chief was addressing the chief ministers of Pun...
Test, track, vaccinate: Sonia Gandhi to Congress CMs
EC orders adjournment of polls at polling station number 126...
State govt amends software to ensure continued arhtiya invol...