Tribune News Service
Bhiwani, June 24
Covid-19 seems to have cast a shadow on fresh admissions in the government as well as private schools across the state. The government schools have experienced poor enrollment this year and the education department has taken a serious view of the situation. With zero admissions in the Class I in 12 government primary schools in Bhiwani district, the education department has issued instructions to the staff to embark on a drive for enrollments.
Education department officials said that they will issue notices and even chargesheet the teachers who had failed to get the students enrolled in their respective schools. There are some schools that more than 50 students in Class I last year. But there has been not a single admission in these schools this year, said the sources in Bhiwani education department.
Government primary school in Milakpur village, last year had seen as many as 43 fresh admissions in Class I, but this year not even a single child had been admitted to Class I till today, sources claimed.
The district elementary education officer Ramavtar Sharma informed that though there were 42 schools which had zero admission till yesterday, the staff of 30 primary schools had got new admissions yesterday. "Still, there are 12 schools with no fresh admissions. We have decided to issue notices to the teachers and the head teachers in these 12 schools. They can also been issued chargesheets as they have failed to get admissions”, the DEEO said.
He said that there is no requirement of the school leaving certificate (SLC) from previous schools for the students seeking admission in government schools in the state. After admission, the head of the school will seek the SLC from the private schools for the student(s) concerned, he said adding that the private schools can seek only tuition fee from the students who want SLCs and no other charges can be taken from them.
The sources maintained that teachers of primary government schools had been given targets for new admissions in their schools at the start of this session. They were given time till June 22 and the education office had compiled a list of the schools with no or very few admissions and decided to issue notices to the teachers of these schools.
Harris described India as a "very important partner" to the ...
Video shows official photographer hitting dead man; Rahul Ga...
66 per cent India adults covered with 1 Covid shot, 23 per c...
Passengers not fulfilling Covid guidelines issued by UAE
CJI NV Ramana says he wanted to pass an order this week but ...