Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, January 25
Samyukta Kisan Morcha has issued instructions for the farmers’ Republic Day parade to be held in New Delhi.
Instructions for Farmers' Republic Day Parade
Friends, we are about to make history. Never before in history have the people of this Republic been part of a parade of this nature on the Republic Day. Through this parade, we have to tell about our plight to the country and the world. We have to bring forth the truth about the three Anti-Farmer Laws. We've to take care that this historical parade is not stained at any cost. Our victory lies in the parade being taken out in a very peaceful manner; without any unwanted events taking place. Remember, that our aim is not to conquer Delhi, but to win over the hearts of the people of this country.
Keeping this in mind, Samyukta Kisan Morcha has come up with some unanimously agreed instructions for the parade. Please share it with as many people as possible and in case of any confusion, reach out to the leaders of your respective organisations or call on the helpline number 7428384230.
Preparations before the parade
1. Trolleys will not be allowed in the parade. Only Tractors and other vehicles will be allowed. Trolleys with special tableaux may be exempted. Please arrange for the safety of the trolley from the behind.
2. Pack 24 hours of ration and water with you. Make sure you have proper arrangements for protection from cold. It might be required if you are stuck in a traffic jam.
3. Sanyukt Kisan Morcha appeals that every tractor or cart should be fitted with the flag of the farmers’ organizations as well as the national flag. There will be no flag of any political party.
4. Do not carry any weapon with you, not even sticks. Do not use banners with any provocative or negative slogans.
5. If you wish to inform of your participation in the parade, give a missed call on 84483 85556.
Instructions to be followed during the Parade
1. Farmer leaders will lead the parade in their vehicles. NO car/tractor shall overtake their vehicle. Please follow the directions of our traffic volunteers dressed in green jackets.
2. The route for the parade has been pre-decided and marked. Police and traffic volunteers will guide you. Any car/tractor found deviating from the route will be acted against.
3. SKM has decided that if any car/tractor halts/occupies an area without any reason, that car/tractor will be removed by volunteers. All the cars/tractor in the parade will return to the starting point after completing the parade.
4. A maximum of 5 people including the driver can ride on one tractor. No one will ride on the bonnet, bumper or roof of tractors.
5. All tractors must proceed in a line and there will be no overtaking throughout the Parade. Please don't overtake the vehicles of farmer leaders leading the parade.
6. Please don't play music in the tractor. This will ensure that all announcements are heard by everyone in the parade without any hindrance.
7. Use of any drugs before or during the parade is prohibited. If you find anyone found in possession/consuming drugs, please report it to the nearest traffic volunteer.
8. Please remember that our intent is to gracefully carry out the Parade and win the hearts of our fellow citizens. Please take special care that we have to treat women with utmost respct. Policemen are also farmers in uniform, we don't have to fight with them. All mediapersons, notwithstanding which channel they belong to; must be treated with respect.
9. Please do not pollute the surroundings by throwing garbage on roads. You are kindly advised to carry a bag for disposal of waste.
Guidelines for Emergency
Kisan Ekta Morcha has made provisions for emergency of every kind, so do not panic if there is any problem, just follow these instructions:
1. Ignore any rumors. If you want to check something or verify something, then have a look on the Facebook Page of Kisan Ekta Morcha to verify the truth.
2. Ambulances will be available on parade routes. Arrangements have been made with hospitals. If there is a medical emergency, call the helpline number or inform the nearest volunteer.
3. In case of any issue with the tractor or the car, place it on the side and contact the Volunteer or call the helpline.
4. Helpline number of Sanyukt Kisan Morcha will be open for 24 hours for this parade. If you have any question or want to inform something, please call immediately.
5. If there is any incident, then you can report it to the police control room at number 112.
Helpline number 74283 84230
Most Read In 24 Hours
Don't MissView All
AFSPA to be extended in 8 Assam districts
It will be extended for Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Charaideo, Siva...
Spouses of H-1B visa holders can work in US, says judge; Iarge number of Indians to benefit
The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows US compani...
Karnataka elections on May 10, counting May 13
Bypoll for Jalandhar Lok Sabha seat same day
On the run, Amritpal appears on video
Whereabouts not known I Security up at Golden Temple
Powerful blast creates crater in ground near India-Pakistan border in J-K's Kathua
Sources say it appears to be an IED blast