Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, August 14
In view of the Independence Day function at the Parade Ground in Sector 17 here, the police have decided to impose traffic restrictions and diversions on August 15. Road users are advised to make use of alternative routes.
The police said the general public should approach the Parade Ground either from the ISBT-17 chowk or from the Sector 17/18 light point side. All buses coming from Haryana, Punjab, HP and other places to the ISBT, Sector 17, here will be diverted towards the ISBT Chowk, Sector 17, from Kisan Bhawan Chowk and Piccadilly Chowk via Himalaya Marg and will enter the ISBT-17 from Small Chowk near Gurdial Singh petrol pump.
Further, in order to decongest this area at the time of dispersal, traffic will be diverted from the ISBT-17 Chowk on Udyog Path by diverting traffic coming from the Sector 17/18 light point, Aroma light point, Sector 18/19/20/21 chowk and Cricket Stadium Chowk from 11.15 am to 12 noon.
Only buses will be allowed to ply on this stretch at the time of dispersal.
Route for special invites
Special invitees having authorised car parking stickers are requested to approach the Parade Ground, Sector 17, from the Sector 16/17/22/23 roundabout (Cricket Stadium chowk) on Udyog Path and park their vehicles in the parking area in front of the market of Sector 22-A.
General public should park vehicles at designated lots
- Parking area of Sector 22-B
- Parking of Football Ground
- Circus Ground, Sector 17
- Parking area adjacent to Neelam Cinema, Sector 17
- Parking adjacent to Blood Disease Hospital, Sector 23-B
- General public is requested to be seated latest by 8.30 am at the Parade Ground
- Special invitees will enter the Parade Ground from gate nos. 1, 4 and 5
- General public will enter the Parade Ground from Gate No. 6 and 7 i.e. opposite the ISBT -17
- General public is requested to carry original photo ID card. It is requested not to bring any objectionable articles such as bag, match box, knife, cigarette, weapon, etc.
Diversions in evening around Punjab Raj Bhawan
At the Punjab Raj Bhawan, following traffic restrictions will be imposed.
- Road stretch in front of the Punjab Raj Bhawan from Sector 5/6/7/8 roundabout till T-Point of Vigyan Path and Sukhna Path near Chandigarh Golf Club will remain closed for the general public from 4 pm onwards until the “At Home” function gets over.
- Invitees are requested to approach the Punjab Raj Bhawan from Sector 5/6/7/8 chowk on Vigyan Path as one-way traffic will be implemented in front of the Punjab Raj Bhawan.
Badnore to unfurl Tricolour: UT Administrator VP Singh Badnore will unfurl the National Flag during the I-Day function at the Parade Ground in Sector 17 on Thursday. After unfurling the flag at 9 am, he will inspect the guard of honour. He will also give awards to employees for meritorious services.
Roads that will be closed
- From Sector 16/17/22/23 roundabout up to Gurdial Singh petrol pump, Sector 22-A, on Udyog Path.
- From Old District Courts, Sector 17, up to Shivalik Hotel on the rear side of Parade Ground, Sector 17.
- From Lyon’s Restaurant light point near the MC Office, Sector 17, up to Parade Ground.
All readers are invited to post comments responsibly. Any messages with foul language or inciting hatred will be deleted. Comments with all capital letters will also be deleted. Readers are encouraged to flag the comments they feel are inappropriate. The views expressed in the Comments section are of the individuals writing the post. The Tribune does not endorse or support the views in these posts in any manner.
JNU scholar was wanted by police of several states, includin...