Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, October 14
Keeping safety and security of residents in mind, the Ludhiana police are not granting permission to all Dasehra committees. Only those organisers who have procured no-objection certificate (NOC) from the Public Works Department (PWD), Pollution Department and Fire Department are being given permission.
Venues for full celebrations
Glada ground, Varadhman
- Glada ground, Phase-II, Dugri
- Daresi ground
- Kailash Nagar, Kakowal road
- Giaspura village
- Charamandi Partap Singh Wala, Hambran road.
- Agar Nagar Dasehra ground
- Giaspura, near cremation ground
- Gaispura 33 feet road
- Metro road
- New Atam Nagar, Jassian road
Venues for Ravan Dehan and Ramleela
- Iskcon temple near Sidhwan canal
- Govind Godham
- Barota road n Basant Avenue
Venues for Ravan Dehan only
- Sarabha Nagar, Block-I
- Dhillon Nagar, New Shimlapuri, Lohara
- Dasehra ground, Sahnewal
- Rajguru Nagar
2,000 cops to keep vigil
- Commissioner of Police (CP) Gurpreet Singh Bhullar on Thursday said around 2,000 police personnel would keep a strict vigil during the Dasehra celebrations on Friday in the city. He said elaborate security arrangements have been put in place at all celebration sites. Additional force from the Punjab Police Academy, Phillaur, has also been deputed in the city.
6 apply for Vardhman, Dugri grounds
- Six committees had applied for Dasehra celebrations at Glada ground (Varadhman) and Glada ground, Phase-II, Dugri. The police have given permission to two committees, one each for each venue, while four applications were rejected.
We appeal to the residents to take due precautions, follow rules and regulations and Covid norms and help the police in catching anti-social elements. — J Elanchezhian. Joint Commissioner of Police, Headquarters
The police are granting three kinds of permissions. First category includes Dasehra Mela (swings, Ravan Dehan, Ramleela), second is Ravan Dehan and Ramleela, excluding swings, and the third is only for Ravan Dehan.
As per the data obtained from the Ludhiana Police Department, 39 organisers have applied for various permissions.
Out of 39, 20 applied for complete Dasehra celebrations, including swings, Ravan Dehan and Ramleela, of which permission was granted to only 11 organisers, while four applications were rejected and five were kept under process due to lack of some documents.
For Ravan Dehan and Ramlila, eight organisers had applied for permission, of which only four were give go-ahead. For only Ravan Dehan, 11 committees had applied, of which only five were allowed.
Despite the police giving permission to a few, many small mohalla-level Dasehra committees hold Dashera celebrations and Ravan Dehan without taking permission from the police and other departments. The police often show leniency to them when these small committees follow all safety and security precautions.
Joint Commissioner of Police, Headquarters, J Elanchezhian told The Tribune that the police have given permission to Dasehra committees after seeing NOC of the PWD, Pollution and Fire Departments and approval from the ADCP concerned of the area.
Don't MissView All
New date to be notified later
Banerjee is on a three-day visit to Mumbai
All four have been admitted to the LNJP Hospital, where a de...
Says UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agenc...
Maharashtra has mandated seven-day institutional quarantine ...